- What are examples of instant messaging?
- What are the general rules and etiquette to be followed chatting?
- What are the risks of instant messaging and texting?
- What are the advantages of instant messaging?
- What are the two types of instant messaging?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of instant messaging?
- What is email and instant messaging?
- Which of the following is instant messaging application?
- What are the different kind of instant messaging software?
- What is the meaning of instant message?
- How do I get instant message?
- Why is instant communication important?
- What is the purpose of instant messaging?
- What is Instant Messaging write any three features of instant messaging?
- Is Instant Messenger private?
- Is instant messaging safer than email?
- What is a disadvantage of text messaging?
- What is the key difference between email and instant messaging?
- How many types of instant messaging are there?
What are examples of instant messaging?
Let us now get to learn about a few examples of instant messaging that are gaining more and more popularity each day.WhatsApp.
WhatsApp is a well-known instant messaging app that many users use to chat with friends and colleagues.
What are the general rules and etiquette to be followed chatting?
Start with a short greeting:- When starting a conversation with someone over IM, you should always say “hi” or “hello” and then check to make sure it’s a good time for them to chat. Otherwise, you may be interrupting them.
What are the risks of instant messaging and texting?
What are the risk of instant messaging and texting? Can be a distraction, security risk, liability to the company, phishing, viruses, malware, and spim. Can become evidence in lawsuits. Also have been used for sexting.
What are the advantages of instant messaging?
The Benefits of Instant Messaging In the WorkplaceIt aids in connecting staff members who are in off-site locations. … It allows for group communication. … It supports and complements other forms of communication. … It saves on space and overhead costs. … It promotes employee engagement. … It breaks down barriers.
What are the two types of instant messaging?
What are the Two Types of Instant Messaging?Social Media Messenger. The social media messenger app is the same as you can use your Fb messenger. … 2 Instant Video Messaging App.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of instant messaging?
11. Instant messaging pros and consAdvantagesDisadvantagesAllows you to chat in ‘real time’ to other people who also have an IM client.As it is immediate, you have no time to reflect on the message you are sending, unlike an email where you can review the draft before sending.2 more rows
What is email and instant messaging?
Email is short for electronic mail. This is a kind for mail service that works similar to the postal service. A message is created by you on your computer and sent. … IM is short for Instant Messaging. Instant Messaging enables online real time communication between two users logged in simultaneously.
Which of the following is instant messaging application?
There is a long list of instant messaging applications; some widely used ones (with over one million users daily) include QQ, Windows Live Messenger, Skype, AIM, Jabber, eBuddy, Yahoo! Messenger, IBM Lotus Sametime, ICQ, Xfire, MXfit, Gadu-Gadu, Paltalk, IMVU, Mail.ru Agent, Mettbo, PSYC and Bigant.
What are the different kind of instant messaging software?
Different Types of Instant MessagingEmail Messengers. This is one of the most popular instant messaging services that are available today. … Social Media Messenger. … Instant Video Messaging App. … Freeware and Cross-Platform Instant Messaging for Smartphone.
What is the meaning of instant message?
Instant messaging (IM) technology is a type of online chat that offers real-time text transmission over the Internet. … Short messages are typically transmitted between two parties, when each user chooses to complete a thought and select “send”.
How do I get instant message?
Press and hold the Ctrl key, and then click each person you want to contact. Right-click any of the selected contacts, and then click Send an Instant Message.
Why is instant communication important?
Instant messaging improves communication in the workplace. It is more efficient than email because it allows messages to appear immediately, saving time. Through instant messaging, workers can remain in constant contact with one another in case problems arise that require assistance.
What is the purpose of instant messaging?
In its simplest form, instant messaging (IM) seeks to accomplish two goals: monitoring presence for the purpose of sending presence-based alerts to users in the chatroom and messaging. The software relies on a central server or servers to monitor presence.
What is Instant Messaging write any three features of instant messaging?
Instant messaging services enable the users to send encrypted messages very quickly to the people in their contact list. Once the reciever is offline, the message will remain in the database and only be delivered when the person is online. You can gain access to your previous conversation through chat history.
Is Instant Messenger private?
Facebook’s Messenger feature and app already include a fair amount of security. According to Facebook, Messenger uses the same secure communications protocols as banking and shopping sites. … The messages are end-to-end encrypted, which means not even Facebook can access them.
Is instant messaging safer than email?
Instant messaging is a stripped down version of email that comes with little to no anti-virus or security for attachments. When it comes to sending documents and files to others, the natural choice is email. … It is a more flexible method of communication than email and responses are usually quicker.
What is a disadvantage of text messaging?
12 Disadvantages of Text Messaging Misunderstandings. Impersonal. Expectation to Read and Respond. General Distraction. Texting and Driving.
What is the key difference between email and instant messaging?
1. Email is short for Electronic Mail and the mail is transmitted from the sender’s computer to server and from there to the recipients server from where it can either be viewed or downloaded. IM is short for Instant Messaging and needs the users to be logged in to the same server. Messages are delivered instantly.
How many types of instant messaging are there?
The four general types of instant messaging and chat programs are: Single-protocol and multi-protocol programs. Mobile clients. Enterprise Software.